It’s common knowledge that avocado is healthy, lowers level of bad cholesterol, strengthens heart. It greatly boosts our immune system. Also, it helps to concentrate and improves memory.
Only a few know that precious minerals, vitamins and oleic acid, included in the green fruit, may serve hair and skin beauty.
Here’s the list of beauty properties of avocado oil.
1. Oleic acid belongs to the group of monounsaturated omega-9 acids. Its particles are medium-sized therefore the oil extracted from avocado has semi-absorbing properties. It means that it is suitable for medium porosity hair care. Most women have this kind of hair – not very damaged or thin, sometimes gets frizzy. Usually, it’s easy to style and tame. The hair is quite healthy but it happens to be troublesome – if we don’t provide it with proper care, it tends to dry off and get damaged. Applying avocado oil as an overnight treatment or 2-3 hours before washing is going to help keep hair in good condition. It will become deeply nourished and shiny.
2. Avocado contains healthful minerals, including potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus and zync which let us enjoy extra beauty benefits from the oil. They make delivery of energy to cells easier, ventilate and nourish the cells so that they don’t get damaged. At the same time, they make tissues much more resilient to any damages.
3. Vitamins (A, K, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E) included in the oil make a true parade of health and beauty. They make skin firm, prevent dry hair, cracked epidermis and nail breakage. They regulate sebum secretion and prevent hair loss as well as help to keep proper skin hydration and take care of its healthy colouration. The shortage of the vitamins may cause pre-mature hair greying, stratified nail plate and hair splitting.
4. Avocado oil has anti-aging properties as well. It’s because it is rich in antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin which protect cells from the action of free radicals. Therefore, they slow down the passing time which is brutal for our skin and hair.
5. Avocado oil strengthens and nourishes the skin, stimulates hair growth, improves hair’s condition and structure. Folic acid included in the oil helps cells to rebuild, which increases the odds of regeneration. It has such benign influence on the division and renewal of cells that it is recommended to people who have undergone chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Ecological pure avocado oil can be rubbed into body and face, used for hair oiling treatment or added to creams, conditioners and masks. It’s a good idea to enrich our diet with the green avocado fruit in order to strengthen and regenerate the body from the inside.